Changelog for Opera 7.60 Technical Preview 2 for Windows
- This is no longer our latest release. Please see our preview release page for more information.
- Build: 7263
- Released: October 26, 2004
- Please note that voice support in clean installs now needs to be manually enabled in
. Enabling voice will prompt the user to download and install voice libraries.
- Opera's help files have not been fully synchronized with this preview release.
Changes Since Technical Preview 1:
- Simplified first start-up dialog.
- Menus have undergone a significant simplification. Note in particular:
- The "Window" menu has been removed. Most of the options have been moved to the tab context (right-click) menu.
- The Navigation menu is now a sub-menu of View and has been shortened. Enable the navigation bar or use toolbar shortcuts for easy site navigation using embedded links.
- The Mail and Chat menus have been combined to form the Messages menu. IMAP folders, newsgroups and newsfeeds are found in
- "Save with images as" is now an option within the Save dialog; select "HTML with images" as file type.
- The Links page is now in the Tools menu.
- Toolbar and panel customization is now done from within the "Customize" dialog.
- "Create linked" has been moved to the tab context menu.
- Major changes have also been done to toolbars and button setup:
- New pages have a start bar that replaces the personal bar as part of the default setup.
- Added dropdown button for easy access to closed pages on the page bar. The button doubles as blocked pop-up notifier.
- Added close icon for every tab on the page bar.
- The eye icon on the right end of the address bar toggles a view toolbar with "Find in page", voice icon, and view options.
- The security icon (padlock) and RSS icon are now displayed within the address field when on a secure page or a page correctly linked to a valid RSS newsfeed.
- Menu bar buttons for minimizing/maximizing, restoring and closing pages (MDI buttons) have been removed.
- "Block unwanted pop-ups" is now enabled by default.
- Option to simply press Enter in a http-auth dialogue to use the first stored Wand login has been restored.
- Possibility to use security password without reentering every time has been restored.
- Fixed issue with text selection for justified text.
- "Continue from last time" remembers fit-to-width setting.
- Several minor focus issues solved.
- Space + Shift when a forms button is focused should submit in the background.
- Added Alt + Backspace as shortcut for "undo".
Mail and messaging
- Chat status is now set globally in
- Added /invite as typed chat command.
- Fixed scrolling issue in chat pages.
- Improved "Add newsfeed?" dialog.
- Re-enabled smileys in e-mail/news/newsfeeds.
- Several improvements to quick reply: expand automatically when typing multiple lines, handle one draft per message, and reset focus to message list after replying.
- Improved handling of file name characters when saving e-mail attachments.
- Improved news URL handling.
- Fixed problem with e-mail import from Outlook Express where mailboxes were assumed empty.
- Render black background again in small-screen mode to make the document width more visible.
- Borders in SSR set to "not specified" rather than zero.
- Fix for zoom not being preserved on pages containing frames.
- Changed calculated line height to be based on actual font size rather than specified font size.
- Allow mixing of background-position and keyword, in accordance with CSS2.1.
- Fix for issue with elements with negative text-indent inside floating block.
- "border: 0;" on
input will produce a text field with no border.
- Improved handling of forms padding.
- Borders for radio buttons and checkboxes can not be turned off with CSS.
- Fixed problem with disabling form styling causing borders around all form elements to disappear for all open pages with forms.
- Speedier recognition of
- Improved handling of paged media.
- Solved issue with display of wrong favicon when multiple icons are located on the same server.
- Recognize "application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml" documents as handheld.
- Multiple fixes to XMLHttpRequest support.
- Solved issue with attributes with certain names and values being inaccessible when using DOM for XML documents.
- Referrers will be remembered when a script is reread from the cache.
- Added setting in opera6.ini for allowing scripts to hide the address bar in pop-ups (
. Default is "allow".
- Let link actions and the link pop-up menu work if a link has been selected as text.
- TLS 1.1 setting removed — for now.
- Sonera CA certificates added.
- Multiple improvements to printing.
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Fixed problem with frozen file uploads.
- Several improvement to spell-checking feature.
- Multiple fixes for display of bi-directional text.
- Improved performance of page navigation during page loading.
- If Java is enabled, but not found, the user will be prompted and offered a download. If confirmed, go to JRE download page.
- Improved search in page.
- Improved plug-in handling.
- Convert newlines to spaces and convert non-printing characters in bookmark names.
- Fix to ensure consistency in generated bookmark names.
- Fix to restore previous default file settings after uninstalling Opera.
- Voice libraries are now in a separate download. Voice must be enabled in Tools > Preferences > Voice, which will prompt the user to download voice libraries.
- Optional "no key required to talk" mode is now fully implemented.
- Voice button is now located on the View toolbar.
- Enabled bargein for browser control. This allows users to issue a new command before the execution of the previous command has been completed.
- Added "Speak" to the right-click menu for selected text. Keyboard shortcut: V.
- Added several other new commands; see standard_voice.ini (in the "Defaults" directory) for a complete overview of the default voice commands.
- Preferences for speech now also apply to speech generated from Web pages.
- "Cancel voice prompt" keyboard shortcut has been changed to Esc.
- Voice-enabled the panels for mail, links, and bookmarks, as well as all lists of messages in Opera Mail, and all overview pages from the Tools menu.
- Bookmark nicknames can be used for navigation, the syntax is "Go to bookmark <nickname>".
- Opera can now auto-install downloaded voice configuration files that use the MIME type "application/x-opera-configuration-voice".