Changelog for Opera 7.60 Technical Preview 3 for Windows
- This is no longer our latest release. Please see our preview release page for more information.
- Build: 7321
- Released: November 12, 2004
- Use of the prefix "browser" is now mandatory for all voice commands.
Changes since Technical Preview 2
- Removed Internet suite/Browser only selection from start-up procedure and made messaging client integration dynamic:
- E-mail, newsfeeds, and chat may now be activated independently of each other.
- Individual menus and panels for Mail and Chat will be displayed as accounts are added under
- The contacts panel is displayed when an e-mail and/or chat account is added.
Enable mail and chat option from preferences.
- Added a choice between
Prefer pages inside window (tabs),
Separate windows (SDI), and
Advanced MDI in Preferences > Windows
Prefer pages inside window enables an interface similar to 7.60 Preview 2, with close buttons on each tab, no MDI controls (minimize, maximize, and restore), and click-to-minimize disabled.
Separate windows enables SDI.
Advanced MDI enables MDI.
- The Start bar for blank pages now drops down from the URL field.
- Start bar is fully customizable and can be disabled in Customize
- The Top 10 list contains the 10 sites you visit most
- Favicons for bookmarks work again.
- Notification tooltips will now appear where the System tray is, usually in the bottom right of the screen.
- Fixed a problem preventing toolbars from being enabled if their placement had been set to
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening a new window if the Page bar placement wasn't set to
- Added Ctrl + F12 and Shift + F12 as keyboard shortcuts for the Preferences and Customize dialogs, respectively.
- Swapped F4 and Shift + F4 shortcuts for toggling panels.
- Moved Customize to View > Toolbars menu.
- Q focuses quick reply if focus was on message list.
Use current button for home page preference in Preferences > Start and exit.
- Improvements to scrolling.
- Activated ERA (Extensible Rendering Architecture), enabled by selecting Fit to width from the View menu. ERA formats the viewed page differently according to the available width.
- Printing now defaults to Fit to width (disable in File > Print options).
- Borders are now always printed, regardless of the File > Print options > Print page background setting.
- Multiple rendering fixes.
- Trigger quirks mode to render pages using the IBM doctype correctly.
<button> look more like
- The prefix
browser is now mandatory for all commands directed at the Opera interface, to avoid problems with pages written in X+V.
Enable sound in Web pages in Preferences > Multimedia/Quick preferences will now disable Voice.
- Made sure that the newsfeed name is not left empty when clicking on a feed and subscribing to it.
- Fix to avoid duplicate newsfeed items.
- Preliminary support for links/URLs using
irc://. Only the server/room parts of the URLs are supported.
- Fixed preview 2 problem where clicking the CC button would add input to the "To:" field.
- Reenabled saving of chats
- Made threading toggle into a single button
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Multiple scripting improvements and fixes.
- Fixed several cursor issues.
- Preview 2 Wand auto-login regression fixed.
- Improved handling of DDE URLs.
- Added support for INI files with escapes (similar to LNG files).
- Added support for the FTP command EPSV.
- Fixed problem where local URLs containing
con could not be opened